Regular respiratory rate for an average adult is about 16-20 breaths per minute. A new wearable device called “Spire” can measure your breathing patterns through the mobile app.

Image Credit:

Image Credit:

“Spire senses your breathing patterns and what they say about your state of mind. It detects the number of steps you take when you walk and run. It also tracks how often you sit, stand, and lay down,” according to Spire website.

“The average person is physically active only about 14% of the day; we aim to go beyond conventional activity trackers and tap into the other 86% of your day.”

This device will cost $149.99 and it is only supported on iPhone for the meantime, but the Android version is still working.


Check out this video:

Source: Spire