Our firm`s lawyers regularly assist clients in debt. Federal legislation, including the Military Civil Relief Act, can help soldiers manage their debts. The legal aid office will also contact debtors to reduce interest rates and negotiate debt settlement. Soldiers still have to pay for goods and services, but our lawyers can advise you on your rights and options. Appointments can be made at: fortsamlegal.setmore.com/ Temporary Suspended Walk-in Services The Legal Aid Office can also assist in the preparation of NCOER and OER complaints, section 139 decisions, letters and reprimands, and investigation reports. If you are faced with these issues, a legal aid lawyer can guide you through the proceedings and help you with your case. The law firm may be closed on other days for training or special events. For proxies, see aflegalassistance.law.af.mil to design a power of attorney worksheet. Once a ticket number has been generated, call your local legal department to make an appointment with that ticket number. Our paralegal will also coordinate with probate court to ensure the entire process runs smoothly. The legal advice firm also offers free notary services and assistance with walk-in authorization. Finally, remember that the legal aid office was created to help the soldier. We are here to answer legal questions and resolve legal issues.

We take our duty to the soldier (active and retired) and his family very seriously and look forward to helping you in the future. Walk-in services temporarily suspended. Office hours: Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The Fort Sam Houston Legal Support Office offers free legal services to active retired employees and their dependents. The services provided by the office as part of the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General`s Corps illustrate the government`s commitment to the soldier and his family. This article highlights the services offered at the Legal Aid Office and answers fundamental questions about common legal issues. The Office of Legal Affairs provides legal advice on a wide range of disciplinary matters to the Squadron Commander as well as subordinate units and partner commands as part of the global mission. We enable commanders to maintain good order and discipline through the efficient and fair administration of military justice, from administrative measures to general courts martial. The company is part of 37 Training Wing. Legal assistance is provided by the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate for active services, dependents, retirees and their dependents. More than half of our clients seek help with estate planning. Most of these clients need help drafting wills. If your estate after death is less than $2 million (including life insurance), we can draft your will. If your estate exceeds this amount, you will be referred to a civil estate planner.

If your estate exceeds $2 million, the government will tax the excess at about 50%. For example, if you died with an estate of $3 million, the first $2 million goes tax-free to your heirs, while the remaining $1 million is taxed, giving the government about $500,000. To avoid these taxes, you should consult an estate planner. (1) An initial interview with a lawyer to discuss how you wish to dispose of your property. Office hours: Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.

Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Year-round tax assistance is available by appointment. Other individuals in special circumstances may be eligible if they have a valid military identification card. The preparation of a will requires two appointments at our office: January 28. – 15. April Phone: 210-295-1040 Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except federal holidays and statutory holidays) 2450 Dragon Valley Road, Building 133 Eligibility: Active Service, Family Member, Retired Restrictions: Retirees, no business or rental income.

(Exception: income assistance for child care workers and rental property workers (two or less) per return.) Notary and Power of Attorney hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m. a.m.to 12:30 p.m. Interns: Walk-in service anytime during business hours The legal department handles claims for and against the Air Force arising from incidents at the San Antonio Common Base sites. To make a claim, please contact your local office. Problems with household items: 3. Texas residents for at least six months and residents of the county where you will be submitting documents within the last 90 days. To be eligible for legal aid, you must have valid military identification and belong to one of the following categories: If you do not meet these requirements, we can advise you on divorce law in Texas, but you will eventually be referred to a civilian attorney.

Claims for damaged or lost household items related to PCS, whether military or civilian, are now processed online through the 24/7 Claims Services Centre. The staff of the General Law and Administrative Law Departments of the 902d MSG/JA office can assist you with any questions or concerns regarding the claims process. Retired military personnel and their dependents. If you are a retired reservist or “grey zone” guard, or a drug addict from one of them, you must receive pension benefits to be eligible for service. Please note that you must have a military ID card to be eligible. 4. No substantial jointly held assets such as real estate (2) A second session to examine and execute the will with the necessary formalities. Texas law has established rules for the rights and obligations of tenants and landlords. For example, before a tenant vacates a property, they must give at least 30 days` notice of their intention to evict; The tenant must terminate even if the term of the lease has expired. Once a tenant leaves (after proper notice), the landlord must return the deposit within 30 days or send the tenant a written explanation of why the deposit was withheld.

If the landlord fails to do so, the tenant can recover $100 plus three times the portion of the security deposit wrongly withheld and the tenant`s reasonable legal fees in a lawsuit to collect the security deposit. Claims for damaged or lost household items related to an SCP, whether military or civilian, are processed by the 37 TRW Claims Office. Claims can now be filed in person or online. To reach the Cliams Air Force Service Centre, call 1-877-754-1212. JBSA-Lackland: Wills/General Legal Assistance by appointment only. More than a fifth of our clients seek help in family matters, particularly divorce and related matters. If you are eligible, our office will prepare your divorce records, including the required petition and affidavits. To be eligible for a pro-se divorce, you must meet the following requirements: In divorce matters, we help clients prepare documents for the court; The client is then responsible for filing the document with the court and appearing before the judge.