So it seems pointless to go with a half cage/roll bar, either remove the full cage, bucket seats, belts, airbags, etc., and then get an authority card or leave the car as is, but perhaps with more favorable seats. There is also a place at CHCH called NZ Rollcages and they pre-fold kits for you, for example a half-cage kit delivered to Wellington costs $290.00 inclusive. Some throw a little light for me I`m thinking about installing what I would call a half cage in the Mini, I would need a certified half cage with 4 mounting points and maybe a rear diagonal if you do, use the right cage padding. If you are involved in an incident on the road without a helmet, the cage will be your lead melon with the rollover cage, if you are watching rally for this period, then fine, you need to consider how far the bars are sitting from the driver/passenger. Visit the Low Volume Certificates website. With a rear-only setup, you`re still legally able to use the car every day, rather than a full cage that`s just a motorsport certificate/reg. A: You are right when you remove the parts of the cage in front of the main tire, so you now have a “roll bar” rather than a “roll cage”. There are two things I am not sure about in your letter; Firstly, whether you want rear passengers or not, and secondly, whether you want to participate in motorsport events or not. Can cover full cage or half cage on an authentication card, but must be approved by MSNZ. You will also need to keep a logbook and have it stamped at 2 events per year to keep it up to date.

That`s a good point, I think what I said was unnecessary in the sense that the events you can attend under the MSNZ regulations, obviously, even though it`s not mandatory, it doesn`t hurt to have a half cage and the extra security it offers If you want to pick up a passenger, You need a rollover cage, If you don`t, You don`t need any form of cage or safety bar at club sporting events. If you want to organize a rally, you need a full cage. Handling also changes with a full cage and the chassis flex disappears. That seems to answer my question. My roll bar would consist of a master tire and two posts going down to the rear of the car, and diagonal struts between these and also in the main tire. The main tire must be well behind the position of the front seats, so everything should be fine. From the noise, I only have to plug the anchor points of the rear seat belt and the bolt holes for the rear seat. The real question is, how much do you intend to drive the car? To drive at the front of the pack, you have to push yourself and your car to the limit = higher risk levels = more probability of accident. In this case, you should seriously consider building a race car with a full cage and modifying yourself, as you say above. If you are using Sub-11.0, you should not run again until you have a cage (half cage?). The authority card is a version of a certificate that only covers a limited number of motorsport items – cages, seats, belts, etc. We are also on the 9s path, although the car is still mainly road based, I decided that we will do a 5-point half-cage to keep a minimum of bars in the car.

If we get kicked out, then I`m still glad we ran a 9. But deep down, I`d probably be better off going halfway through the cage. MSNZ examiners do not need to know the specifications for the homologation, they just need to know that it is homoligated, not the same, and from memory, the homologation standard and the design of the cage may change depending on the classes in which you want to race, because there are different racing bodies for drags, traction, drifting, rallying, club. But do cars like GT3, which comes with factory cage, have to be certified? Well, it`s funny that you say that one day he fell out of the window while the cage was still inside, it took me a while to bother climbing to pull him up, haha. You still need half-page approval, but you don`t need a proxy card if it`s behind the driver`s compartment. Also has something like Sub 9.90 is a full cage, 11.00 is half based on what the chassis is. I didn`t want to derail the other thread, so I thought I was going to start this. I`m thinking of putting a roll bar or safety cage in my 135i in the summer. Originally, it was planned to use only a simple half-cage to keep things simple, but to be able to use straps and have a little more security. However, in some research, it seems that there is absolutely no point in a half-cage (or roll bar, as MSNZ calls it) in a closed car. Does the decision still apply if the cage in front of the B-pillar is to be used, fixed seats and belts? I guess you`re not interested in the contest side. If so, contact MotorSport NZ and they will get the information you need to know which safety cages need to be filled for competitions.

Page 297-312 of my manual (I opened it just for you) is about cages: There are many words, the above is my interpretation Ray Chubb. He has built many safety cages and manufactures them to a very high standard. The full cage means that the motorsport authority card and car can only be used for motorsport events. But they offer all the protection that a full cage offers, such as door bars and front protection. On the other hand, if you just want to have fun and are very lucky to roll dice with someone further down the field, drive in your comfort zone and keep your car straight, leave it as a road car. After all, cars are designed to provide adequate rollover protection. If you want a little more safety, keep your airbags and 3-point harnesses and install a roll bar. As long as your car is certified for all mods, has Rego and WOF, you don`t need an authority card and the hassle that comes with it. It`s been a while, but I`ve been told that if it`s a 2-door car with the back seat permanently removed and none of the cages are in front of the B-pillar, it doesn`t need a certificate.

However, wiring harnesses require a proxy card. Leave some very old hearsay, but I`ve been told it`s legal if it`s not an obstacle to the operation of the seat and seat belt, but removing the back seat to comply with these rules may require a certificate. Half-cage things can`t be put in the cockpit My brother Neil Marshall 0274466255 a bell, he`s been building homologated cages for clubs, rallies and drift cars for years. I know a few years ago the answer was a resounding no – you could do a 10-second run with a super rope-shaped half-cage made of exhaust waste welded together in your buddies` garage, and that was more or less fine, but MSNZ would laugh at you if you tried to homologate the cage. The welder does not need to be commercially certified, but your welds should look good in the photos and will be checked during the first inspection you enter. You can leave the front bars and not add lateral intervention – however, this requires an MSNZ authority card to be legal for the street. You can legally drive a fully locked car on the road, including harnesses, etc., but you will need a motorsport license and keep it up to date. If you`re not worried about it being homologated for circuit racing and just want to do some drags, all you need is a 5-point half-cage. Good for up to 10.00 sec Hmmm I`d rather miss half of the cage I had in my E36 4 years ago You can, but you need a motorsport authority card – the car should not have a rear seat, and the cage should comply with the rules.

You also need a motorsport license, do 2 events a year among others. Personally, I wouldn`t waste my time on an unlicensed cage unless I knew the manufacturer. Too many traps, and I was an MSNZ scrutineer. If you need a full cage, you will need a motorsport authority card that makes it legal on the road and does not require an LVVTA certificate. When I bought my last KE70 (2-door car), it had a full safety cage, essentially omitting the side anti-theft bars, as well as the dashboard bars at the front laps, and it hasn`t been folded yet. I just thought about what I really want to use this car and I think a full cage might not be necessary and a half cage might be more suitable. NZDRA cages!= MSNZ cages. Must find what he needs.

Can NZDRA cages be legalized on the street? that is, do they have an equivalent of the MSNZ authority card? No, a certificate is required when removing the rear seats before even thinking about the cage. The full cage would be cute, get homologated, etc., some races/runners make a good point. A friend bought a car with a “full cage” in it.was not homologated, it turned out to be made of exhaust pipe.